That’s what a mother cynically replied when I explained that schools and colleges had reduced funding for Trade and Industry training or “Vocational Training.”
Not The Usual Yadah Yadah
Remember, before working on your vehicle:
1) Set your parking brake and place the vehicle in PARK
2) Always allow engines to cool down
3) Wear safety glasses
4) NEVER work around open gasoline
5) NEVER create sparks over an open-top battery or gasoline
6) Always consult a trained mechanic and when in doubt, don’t do it
7) Knowledge is POWER and ignorance a voluntary condition, so don’t be afraid to learn, change and grow
8) Always consult your owners manual, shop manual or on-line resources
Bet you didn’t know the thickness of paint on your car is only 9-14 mil’s thick and THAT is all that protects it against the myriad conditions of weather—rain, snow, road dirt, acid rain and sunshine. Since a human hair is about 3-4 mil’s thick, that is very little protection from all that threatens to destroy your car’s finish.
Legal Notice: CheckMyFluids.Com does not intend, and will not attempt, to diagnose or guide you through your own individual repairs. This site is intended purely for entertainment and information purposes only. Use at your own risk! As such we cannot be responsible for misuse leading to an accident or injury to you, your vehicle or your life.
We do not tolerate ‘trolling’ or harassment of any kind. Do not belittle, discredit, or aggressively criticize another member or their content. If you do not like something or have nothing constructive to add, it’s best to simply move along.
Content that can be construed as provocative, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive toward any real-world individual or group, may be subject to moderation. This includes but is not limited to content involving politics, race, religion, gender identity, sexuality, or social class.
- Do not post with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic (“flame baiting”).
- Do not post personally or generally insulting remarks towards someone else, or a group of people.
No profanity. It is perfectly possible to express yourself using civil language. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filter.
Mechanics and Advisory: Russ, Bill, Mike, Rosy, Paul, & Greg